Comfort and durability are just two impressive features of the Intex Explorer K2 Kayak. With adjustable and inflatable seats you can customize your comfort in this sporty kayak. Its lightweight design provides buoyancy and allows for easy transport and storage. Head to your favorite spot and enjoy hours on the water in this very affordable inflatable kayak. The Intex Explorer K2 kayak is an Amazon best seller in the fishing kayak category.
Intex Explorer K2 Kayak Features
- Rugged Design: Made with a durable vinyl construction, the Intex Explorer K2 inflatable kayak has an inflatable I-beam floor for added rigidity and stability. This kayak also comes with a removable skeg for improved tracking.
- Lightweight and Compact: This kayak features a Boston valve on each side for quick inflating and deflating.
- Comfort: Includes 2 adjustable, inflatable seats for ultimate comfort as well as the inflatable floor feature.
- Pump and Paddles: The Intex Explorer K2 inflatable kayak comes with an Intex high output pump for easy inflation and deflation. It also includes two 86” aluminum paddles.
- Additional Features: Brightly colored for visibility on open water, grab lines for pulling in and out of the water, and a maximum weight capacity of 350 lbs.
Intex Explorer K2 Kayak Reviews
This kayak gets favorable reviews from many of its owners. The following is what customers like most about the Intex Challenger K1 kayak.The following is a summary of what customers like about this inflatable kayak.
- Affordability with Durability: This kayak is priced lower than many of the inflatable kayaks on the market but proves to be a great value and just as durable as higher end kayaks. Customers tell stories of kids and pets jumping off for a swim, climbing back on, and never a fear of tipping, holes, or leaks.
- Easy Set-up: The pump that is included with the Intex Explorer K2 kayak makes inflation and deflation simple and quick. It’s a dual action pump so works on the way up and the way down. Inflation and deflation take about 10 minutes each so you can be on the water in very little time.
- Portable and Convenient: This inflatable kayak weighs just 32 lbs. and can be carried by one person when packed in the storage bag. It is very easy to store for apartment dwellers and fits nicely into all cars for transport to the nearest waterway.
- Maneuvers and Navigates Efficiently: The included skeg makes a world of difference in the maneuverability of the Intex Explorer K2 kayak. “Like night and day,” says one reviewer and most agree not to even try paddling without it. Customers rave about this kayak’s navigation even at full weight capacity, in windy conditions and small currents.
- Spacious: The weight capacity for this inflatable kayak is 350 lbs. Reviewers rave that there is plenty of room for 2 people plus supplies without feeling cramped. Customers pack coolers, towels, sunscreen, the dog and change of clothes with ease. The adjustable seats that attach with Velcro allow the paddlers to customize their comfort according to how much leg room each person needs.
Intex Explorer K2 Kayak Cons
- Flimsy Paddles: There are many reports of the paddles breaking after only a few uses. Most customers recommend investing in some higher quality, longer lasting paddles for your kayak adventures.
- Lost Skeg: This kayak is nearly impossible to keep in a straight line without the removable skeg. Many reviewers report losing the skeg the first time out on the water. It is highly recommended to drill a hole into the skeg, tie a piece of floss or fishing line through this hole and then tie the other end somewhere on the kayak. This way when the skeg falls off, you will not lose it and be able to reattach it. According to some customers, it is not easy to replace.
- Not Great for One Person: Though the K2 can be used with just one paddler, it does need the added weight for tracking performance. If you are going out alone, bring a pack to place in the kayak with you for added weight and improved tracking.
The Intex Explorer K2 inflatable kayak is difficult to beat for the price. This is a wonderful way to try out the hobby without breaking the bank. No need for a car rack as it will fit nicely into your trunk. It is easy to store and very portable with its lightweight design and included carry bag.
In spite of its lower cost, it is comparable to pricier models in quality and durability. Pack a cooler and spend the whole day on the lake with this inflatable kayak. It’s sturdy and rugged to allow you to bring the kids and the dog with no worries of tipping. Enjoy a smooth ride with this vehicle. READ MORE OWNER REVIEWS HERE⇒