The Intex Challenger K2 kayak is a sleek, easy to handle, highly portable inflatable kayak. It is perfect for exploring lakes and slow-moving rivers. The Intex Challenger K2 kayak is built from rugged vinyl for stronger durability, longer life, and safety on water. The included pump allows for you to be on the water in about 10 minutes! This affordable kayak is perfect for the novice and expert alike.
Intex Challenger K2 Kayak Features
- Durability: This inflatable kayak is constructed of a durable and ultra-thick vinyl material that is highly resistant to UV rays and punctures. No need to fear scraping the bottom or running into obstacles with this quality made, ultra-durable material.
- Comfortable and Spacious: The Intex Challenger K2 kayak is designed for 2 people with a 350 lb. weight limit. The kayak has a spacious cockpit including two inflatable seats and backrest. The inflatable floor also offers both comfort and rigidity. It includes a cargo net for storage and grab-line for pulling in and out of the water.
- Highly Visible: Not only do the brightly colored graphics give the Intex Challenger K2 Kayak a sporty flair but they offer improved visibility. This adds to safety on the water because other watercraft can see you from long distances.
- Additional Features: The Intex Challenger K2 kayak weighs about 40 lbs. and has a 350 lb. maximum weight limit. It comes with two 84-inch aluminum oars, high capacity pump, carry case, and repair patch kit. This kayak also includes a 30-day limited warranty.
Intex Challenger K2 Kayak Customer Reviews
The Intex Challenger K2 kayak has good reviews from many of its owners. The following is what customers like most about the Intex Challenger K1 kayak.The following is an overview of what customers like about this inflatable kayak.
- Durable: Customers report that during long distance trips over rough terrain that this kayak held up with no tears or leaks. Running into rougher waters than expected proved successful as well. The Intex Challenger K2 kayak keeps up to its higher priced competitors in the durability department.
- Portable: Campers love this kayak because it fits in the trunk with their other gear or in the RV for long-term travelers who want to be able to get out on the water in the various places they visit. No need for a roof rack as you’d need with a hard-shelled kayak and easy to store for even apartment dwellers.
- Quick and Easy Set-up: With the included hand pump, reviewers report satisfaction with the quick set up. Setup times ranged from about 5-15 minutes each for inflation and deflation, with a little longer time at the end to wipe down and dry off the kayak.
- Affordable: The Intex Challenger K2 kayak is significantly cheaper than a hard-shelled kayak. It’s even quite a bit lower cost than other inflatable kayaks. This is a good purchase for someone new to the hobby and wanting to try it out without too large of an investment. Even offering that affordability, it is made durable enough to last, sturdy for children to use in shallow water, and offers comfort for long trips.
Intex Challenger K2 Kayak Cons
- Flimsy Paddle: The Intex Challenger K2 kayak comes with a set of aluminum paddles that are reported to be flimsy. For better control of your inflatable kayak, customers recommend buying a higher quality set of paddles.
- Limited Storage: With 2 people in the Intex Challenger K2 Kayak, it’s pretty snug. Also, depending on the size of the paddlers, and having only 350 lb. weight limit, that may leave very little extra space for storage so pack minimal!
- Lost Skeg: A number of people who purchased the Intex Challenger K2 kayak report that the skeg was lost while out on the water. Some people had a difficult time replacing the skeg. They also reported long wait times and it was difficult to find the replacement skeg on the company website. Some recommend trying the skeg to the kayak to prevent you from losing it if it does come apart during use.
- Hard to Clean: There is no drain plug on the Intex Challenger K2 kayak which makes it a little harder to rid of excess water and mud that collects inside the kayak. Customers recommend keeping the kayak out of the storage bag until it is completely dry and drying as much as you can by hand, to ensure that your kayak stays mold free.
The Intex Challenger K2 kayak is very affordable thus making it an economical choice for beginners who want to try out the sport without making a large investment. This is also a nice inflatable kayak for children just getting the hang of the water. We recommend using only for paddling on lakes and calm waters.
This inflatable kayak is lightweight and features compact design for easy transport and storage. The Intex Challenger K2 kayak is very durable and made from a UV and puncture resistant material that will last for years. Just be sure to tie on the skeg and perhaps purchase some higher quality paddles! READ MORE OWNER REVIEWS HERE⇒