The swift, durable, and affordable Intex Challenger K1 kayak is built for one kayaker and designed for comfort. It boasts a roomy cockpit, inflatable seat for custom adjustments, and a backrest for added contentment. This inflatable kayak also has I-beam inflatable floors for extra stability. These unique features make it ideal for long days on lakes or slow moving rivers. Its eye catching graphics are intended for additional safety and visibility in high traffic areas. Grab lines on either end of the kayak make for easy carrying in and out of the water and through shallow areas. The Intex Challenger K1 kayak comes with 84” aluminum oars and a high output hand pump. This inflatable kayak is an Amazon best seller.
Intex Challenger K1 Kayak Features
- Durability and Visibility: The Intex Challenger K1 kayak boasts rugged construction and is made of a durable welded material. The I-beam inflatable floor allows for the kayak to remain rigid while still offering comfort and durability. This low profile kayak is perfect for lakes and slow moving rivers with brightly colored graphics for added safety as you cannot be missed by other boaters.
- Spacious and Comfortable: The Intex Challenger K1 kayak features a cockpit specially designed for comfort and space. It has an air soft seat that can be inflated to your liking with a backrest for added comfort. The 84” aluminum paddle features rubber handgrips for paddling ease.
- Storage: The Intex Challenger K1 kayak has a front cargo net for extra storage of essentials and additional storage behind the seat.
- Timely Set-up: This inflatable kayak has one Boston Valve on the main hull chamber for easy inflation and deflation using the included Intex Double Quick II Hand Pump, a high output pump which inflates on the up and down stroke, cutting inflation time significantly.
- Additional Features: The Intex Challenger K1 kayak is TUV (German based safety certification: Technischer Uberwachungsverein) approved and includes a repair patch to fix any mishaps. There is a grab line on both ends for easy carrying in and out of the water and through shallow or rocky waters. The Intex Challenger K1 kayak has a maximum weight capacity of 220lbs and itself weighs just over 27lbs.
Intex Challenger K1 Kayak Customer Scores
The Intex Challenger K1 kayak gets favorable reviews from many of its owners. The following is what customers like most about the Intex Challenger K1 kayak.
- Quality and Affordability: Everyone’s favorite thing about this Intex Challenger K1 kayak is that it is affordable, yet well made, with the price at under $100 on most websites. It seems to be a great kayak for first time buyers who are not sure they are going to get into the hobby or not. These inflatable kayaks are sturdier than most would imagine for the price. Very few customers note leaks and the ones that do noted that it was after several uses (often years) and with significant scraping, running over trees, snagging on rocks.
- Comfort and Storage Features: Customers ranging in size from 5’2” to 6’3” (the latter sat cross legged) were comfortable in this inflatable kayak. The seat is described as “super comfy” and easy to get in and out of without tipping. The netting on the front for storage is great for reachable supplies like water, camera, phone, book, etc.
- Easy Storage, Transport, and Set up: The high efficiency hand/foot pump made for fast inflation with an average customer estimated time at about 5-10 minutes to the fill the four chambers. Customers with small cars and minimal home storage appreciate the fact that the Intex Challenger K1 kayak will not take up much space when deflated and stored in its included fabric carrying case. The lightweight construction allows for trekking into more remote areas and for ease in loading and unloading.
Intex Challenger K1 Kayak Cons
- Faulty Skeg: Many customers complain of a design flaw that results in the skeg falling off quite easily and go so far as to recommend water proof tape for extra reinforcement, or tying a string around it so that when it falls off, you can save it and reattach later. It did prove to be a huge inconvenience when it was lost in the middle of the trip, far from shore. People felt disappointed by this flaw, had difficulty replacing the skeg. Through this process some customers were informed that the company does not provide a warranty for this inflatable kayak, even though online descriptions do include a mention of a 30 day warranty.
- Paddle: There seems to be mixed feelings on the paddle included with the Intex Challenger K1 kayak. There are several accounts of it breaking while out on the water and also those of having blistered hands at the end of long trips. Others go out of their way to say it’s well constructed but the general consensus does lean towards investing in a longer, higher quality, more comfortable paddle.
- Poor Tracking: The third consistent con is poor tracking. Many people struggled to keep the Intex Challenger K1 kayak going in a straight line.
The Intex Challenger K1 kayak is not your top of the line inflatable kayak. But for the comparably low price, it cannot be beat. The tracking also leaves something to be desired, so expect to do some extra paddling to stay on course. The Intex Challenger K1 kayak turns on a dime and offers surprising durability and comfort.
This is the perfect purchase for a novice paddler who’d like to try out the sport without breaking the bank. It also makes sense for older children that can get the hang of paddling while staying in more shallow waters. That being said, it surpasses expectations for many experienced kayakers. Many people love the Intex Challenger K1 kayak for its easy transport, quality performance, portability, and durability. READ MORE OWNER REVIEWS HERE⇒