Once you reach your location, you can be on the water in 5 minutes with the Coleman QuikPak K5 Kayak. This single person inflatable kayak has a unique design that allows it to be folded into a backpack that carries all your supplies in zippered compartments and when the kayak is set up, the backpack serves as the seat! The Coleman QuikPak K5 kayak features multiple chambers so just in case you did hit a sharp spot and snag the kayak, you will maintain buoyancy to get you back to shore.
Coleman QuikPak K5 Kayak Features
- Fast and Easy Set-up: The Coleman QuikPak K5 kayak lives up to its name! It really is a quick and simple set/take down. Five minutes from shore to water. Double lock and mini double lock valves allow for two locking points for ease of inflation and deflation and a high pressure manual pump is included with this inflatable kayak.
- Portability: The Coleman QuikPak K5 kayak has an ultra-convenient backpack system! The backpack doubles as a seat upon set-up! Overall it weighs less than 30 pounds, which makes it incredibly convenient for hiking and camping trips. The straps are nicely padded for shoulder comfort as well for longer treks into remote areas. The bow and stern handles also allow for ease in carrying the inflatable kayak through shallow water and for pulling it in and out of the water to begin and end the trip.
- Durable Material and Designed to Avoid Mishaps: The Coleman Quickpak K5 kayak, made with 34-guage PVC construction, is durable for using on the lakes and rivers. It also features extra puncture protection with tarpaulin bottom and polyester cover. The kayak has multiple air chambers so that if one is punctured, the others keep the inflatable kayak sturdy. The patented Airtight System is guaranteed not to leak.
- Stability: This inflatable kayak can hold up to 250 lbs. and is designed with a rigid floor, flat bottom and three-chambers, allowing kayak to keep its solid shape on the water with flexibility to bend with the waves as well.
- Storage: Pack your essentials, food, and gear into the zippered storage space behind the seat with extra space under the bungee lacing on the top of the kayak. Included D-rings are a great way to attach additional equipment.
- Spray Covers: Includes spray covers to block splashes and keep you dry in rougher waters and colder temperatures.
Coleman QuikPak K5 Kayak Customer Reviews
The Coleman Quickpak K5 kayak received favorable reviews from many of its owners.. The following is what customers like about the Coleman QuikPak K5 kayak:
- Superb Ease in Transport: The number one rave people have to share about this inflatable kayak is how easy it is to transport and set up. Reviewers boast that its claims of a five minute set up are indeed accurate. Taking the QuikPak K5 kayak down and packing it up again when you’re finished is quick as well, at an average of ten minutes from kayak to backpack. The backpack feature and lightweight design make this perfect for traveling and for being able to experience a variety of rivers and lakes without the need for a car rack.
- Pump: A manual pump is included which is very convenient and it does its job well. People have no problem blowing up this inflatable kayak without the use of an electric pump. It’s also recommended to use the pump on deflation to get out the extra air, just 3-4 strokes in each compartment.
- Ease of Moving Through the Water: Customers that purchased the Coleman QuikPak K5 kayak are surprised at the ease and speed this inflatable kayak moves through the water. According to reviews, it does actually have a tracking fin which is not noted in the product description. Reviewers note that it tracks quite well for an inflatable kayak and the seating is comfortable. One customer, based on personal experience, wrote that the kayak is not difficult to right if you capsize. Always good to know!
Coleman QuikPak K5 Kayak Cons
- Bad Paddle: The number one con from nearly every review is that the paddle is absolutely useless, uncomfortable and breaks with very little use. It is highly recommended that anyone purchasing this inflatable kayak buy a different paddle for this and simply throw the one included into the trash bin. Many customers noted the paddle actually broke in two on their first trip out on the water. This is a surprising downside to an otherwise well-made kayak.
- Space: Larger and taller (especially longer legged) riders did complain of feeling a bit cramped in this kayak so that is worth thinking about if you are over 6 feet tall.
The Coleman QuickPak K5 kayak does appear to be a well-made, reliable, sturdy inflatable kayak. It truly only has just one significant con and that is the terribly designed and easily breakable paddle. That is a pretty easy thing to remedy considering this kayak does a fine job in the water and could not be more perfect for travelers and hikers who do not care to lug around a hard shelled kayak. The fact that it folds into a backpack is ingenious and is incredibly convenient for transport. This lightweight, inflatable kayak is the perfect choice for apartment dwellers that do not have the storage space or for people with small cars who do not want to bother with a roof rack. Customers are overwhelmingly happy with this purchase and recommend it for their fellow kayakers.