The Coleman QuickPak K1 kayak has a unique backpack design. Durable, portable, and affordable, it is a wonderful inflatable kayak for all ages and abilities. It folds into a backpack with padded shoulder straps designed for comfort. The kayak is made of thick PVC and a reinforced bottom and guaranteed not to leak. At an inflated size of 8ft X 7ft X 3ft, this inflatable kayak holds up to 400 pounds. It is designed to be lightweight at less than 20 pounds when stored in the backpack.
Coleman QuikPak K1 Kayak Features
- Backpack: This kayak features a built-in backpack system that turns into the seat when it is set up. The compact pack is ideal for getting off the beaten path and transporting the Coleman K1 kayak with ease. Not only do you not need a car rack to transport this inflatable kayak, weighing less than 20 lbs, you could even take it on your bicycle!
- Durability paired with Quality Performance: 21-gauge PVC rugged construction and tarpaulin bottom makes the K1 puncture resistant. It has multiple air chambers so that if you do run into a situation where you experience a puncture or tear while out on the water, the other chambers will remain intact and keep you floating to shore. This inflatable kayak has front and rear skegs for improved tracking and turns on a dime.
- Added Features for Comfort: The multi-position footrest accommodates paddlers of different sizes and the backrest lets you sit back and enjoy the experience. The drink holder helps you keep your hydration close by for long days.
- Easy set-up: You can be in the water in five minutes! Inflation is fast and easy with the included hand pump. The Patented Double Lock Valves with two locking points for easy inflation and deflation. Follow the numbers shown on each valve to fill in the right order. The dual action feature on the hand pump means air is going in on both the push and pull.
- Additional Features: The Coleman Quikpak K1 kayak has a secure cargo net for packing food and gear. Keep yourself hydrated with a handy cup holder. Also, this inflatable kayak has a lift handle to get in and out of the water and over shallow areas with ease. Also included are the air pump, paddle, and 90-day limited warranty.
Coleman Quikpak K1 Kayak Customer Reviews
The Coleman Quikpak K1 kayak received some decent reviews from many of its owners.The following is what customers like about the Coleman Quikpak K1 kayak:
- Compact and Easy Set-up: The backpack design makes it very easy to handle and transport. The pack weighing less than 20 pounds, makes it perfect for hiking trips and it fits well into small cars. In fact, many customers just keep it in the trunk all the time and a few even mention transporting the kayak on their bicycle. It takes about ten minutes each to inflate and deflate the kayak.
- Durable: There were no reports of leaks, even with scrapes over rocks and logs. The 21-gauge PVC construction and tarpaulin bottom hold up to its guaranteed claims of being puncture resistant.
- Great for Kids: The stability of this kayak proves it is a great starter kayak for older children. Since this inflatable kayak works best in calm waters, it gives beginners and younger rowers a chance to get a feel for the water before purchasing a kayak for more advance waterways.
Coleman QuikPak K1 Kayak Cons
- Poor tracking: This vessel does not track well until you get going and get into a rhythm so starting off can be a bit of challenge. Heavier paddlers seem to have better luck with tracking. One customer solved this dilemma by tying a 2-pound bag of stone to the bow with 4-5 yards of ropes. It doubles as an anchor! Some people suggest adding extra skegs as well for improved control.
- Flimsy Paddles: Reviewers do not report a positive experience with the paddles. They come apart easily and are too small for the size of this kayak. Customers report the design of the paddles caused water to drip into the kayak and soak their legs and feet. Plan to purchase higher quality and longer paddles that will accommodate the width of the QuikPak K1.
The Coleman Quikpak K1 kayak is a high quality and durable inflatable kayak. The easy to transport backpack system is a wonderful feature for campers and hikers that prefer more remote areas. Keep this kayakin your car for spur of the moment trips.
Comfort is a highly praised feature of this kayak with an inflatable, adjustable, reclining seat, plenty of room for long legs, and adjustable footrests to accommodate a wide range of sizes.
It is a quality purchase for the price and worth the extra money for a better set of paddles. We would recommend the Coleman QuikPak K1 kayak for beginners and children that will likely stick to lakes, calm rivers, and ponds. READ MORE OWNER REVIEWS HERE⇒