The Advanced Elements Lagoon 2 kayak is a quality, highly durable tandem kayak. This inflatable kayak is made with two different materials for ultimate durability. The topside is a high denier polyester rip-stop with a PVC laminate, and the bottom is made from a rugged PVC Tarpaulin. Adding to this, the inner tube is made with a high density fabric to improve quality and performance. The bow and stern rigid forms are built right into the cover, giving the kayak streamlined performance in the water. Share your love of paddling with a friend in this kayak built for two!
Advanced Elements Lagoon 2 Kayak Features
- Easy Set-up: The Advanced Elements Lagoon 2 kayak features patented twistlok valves and high flow spring valves for fast inflation. Waste no time in getting out on the water!
- Improved Tracking: The 12 ft. long kayak has a landing plate and tracking fin which allow for better performance on the water. The rigid bow and stern make tracking easy and gives the stiff quality usually attributed to hard shelled kayaks.
- Lightweight and Durable: This kayak weighs just 37 lbs. and has a weight capacity of 350 lbs. The unique two fiber outer cover provides puncture resistance. The inner tube covers provide stiffness and abrasion protection. This inflatable kayak folds up nicely into suitcase all its own.
- Comfort: For your paddling comfort, the Advanced Elements Lagoon 2 kayak is designed with two supportive seat backs. Also included is a splash diverting coaming to keep you warm and dry in the cockpit.
- Additional Features: The Advanced Element Lagoon 2 kayak also features molded rubber grip handles for pulling the boat in and out of the water, a mesh accessory pocket, a deck lift tube, and a foam floor.
Advanced Elements Lagoon 2 Kayak Customer Reviews
The Advanced Elements Lagoon kayak has great reviews from many of its owners. The following is an overview of what customers like about this inflatable kayak:
- Easy Storage and Portable: The Advanced Elements Lagoon 2 kayak folds down to a pack the size of a suitcase so that customers short on space at home or in the car are not inconvenienced by its size. This carrying case feature provided makes carrying this lightweight kayak back and forth to the beach easy as can be! It can even easily be kept in the trunk of your car for spur of the moment trips.
- Sturdy and Durable: People who have purchased The Advanced Elements Lagoon 2 kayak report being surprised at its durability and sturdiness on rivers, lakes, and oceans. It also handles well on even semi-rough waves. This kayak does well going over shallow areas, scraping on various debris and staying leak and puncture free. Customers report rough waters, fishing expeditions, snorkeling trips that require getting in and out of the kayak, all with rave reviews.
- Easy Set-up: The Advanced Elements Lagoon2 kayak takes about 5-10 minutes to inflate and about the same to deflate. As with any inflatable kayak, it is recommended to dry as much as you can before returning the kayak back to its carrying case.
- Tracks and Handles Well: This inflatable kayak tracks very well and turns on a dime. So well, that many buyers say it even compares to a hard shelled kayak in its ease and maneuverability.
- Versatility: People who purchased the Advanced Elements Lagoon 2 kayak noted being pleasantly surprised that it handles just as well as a one person kayak. If you do not always have a partner to come along, feel free to take this out alone with the added bonus of plenty of extra storage!
Advanced Elements Lagoon 2 Kayak Cons
- Very limited Storage: Customers are urged to take the 350 lb. weight limit seriously on this kayak in order for it to perform optimally. Once you get two people in, there is a small space behind the rear seat to pack a lunch but that is about it. This lack of storage space can be challenging for those paddlers who enjoy all day excursions.
- No Pump or Paddles Included: The Advanced Elements Lagoon 2 kayak does not come with a pump or paddles so these items would need to be purchased separately at the same time. Keep this in mind as it will need to be added to the purchase price of the kayak. Advanced Elements recommends a 12V electric pump to be topped off with a quality hand pump. Do not under inflate your boat! Other extras include a splashguard and a backbone. Most customers highly recommend the backbone for excellent tracking and maneuverability.
The Advanced Elements Lagoon 2 kayak holds up wonderfully in tough conditions. The high-denier polyester PVC laminate and PVC tarpaulin material is designed to take on rough conditions without puncturing. This inflatable kayak is about as close as it gets to a hard shelled kayak in terms of tracking and handling. The added inner cover and rigid bow and stern reinforcements add to the rigidity and stiffness of the kayak so it cuts right through the water. Share the joys of paddling with a partner in this tandem inflatable kayak! READ MORE OWNER REVIEWS HERE⇒