When Sea Eagle decided to create a new brand of inflatable boats, they wanted something that would stand out among the rest. That is how the, “Fisherman’s Dream Package” came to be. It is supposedly everything that a fisherman could want, but does it live up to expectations? Read the Sea Eagle SE9 review below and decide for yourself.
Sea Eagle SE9 Features
- The Sea Eagle has room on board for 5 people. It is 11ft long by 4ft wide and 8inches deep. It is lightweight at only 56 pounds when the floorboard and motor mount are included. Without the floor it is 38 pounds. This makes it extremely portable no matter how far you need to venture out to get to your favorite lake. Even though it is rated for 5 people and can hold an outstanding 1,200 pounds, it is also great for solo adventures out.
- It is equipped with a motor mount that can support a 3 horsepower gas motor or a 74-pound electric thrust motor. This means that if you do not feel like paddling, you are still capable to get wherever you need to go.
- The entire boat is made of 38mm polykrylar. This ensures that it is puncture and tear resistant. You will never have to worry about where you are venturing to get the big fish.
- Included on the boat with your purchase you will get the motor mount, a bench seat, a floorboard set, two 56in aluminum oars, a foot pump, an all-around grab line, bow towing grommet, a bow carry handle, the pressure gauge, a repair kit, and more. There is also storage within the motor mount’s support bench and the passenger bench. These areas are ideal for coolers, tackle boxes, gas tanks, and more.
- This boat has five air chambers. They include the main chamber, an upper chamber, a motor mount support chamber and two floor chambers. These chambers all work together to increase the stability of the boat and it is further enhanced by the floorboard. With everything combined, this is one inflatable boat that you do not have to worry about standing up in.
- When using the foot pump, inflation time is approximately 14 minutes. This means that you can be on your favorite lake, pond, or river quickly. Deflation is also quick so that you can get home at the end of a long fishing trip without much effort.
Sea Eagle SE9 Customer Reviews
- Most owners love the hard floor being inside the boat. It does add extra stability and makes it easier to move around when you are on board.
- They say that it is very roomy, even if you have a few people on board. They feel that there is adequate room for a couple people and all the gear and coolers that you could possibly need.
- It also folds down very well when it is deflated. It is light enough for most people to carry without help. However, not all people choose to deflate it. Many simply cover it with a good tarp when they are not actively using it.
- This boat is made to be durable and last for years. Most owners feel that it will be able to do that and there are a few who have already owned it for several years.
Sea Eagle SE9 Cons
- There are a lot of people who say that this is a great boat, but that it is a challenge to put together the right way, especially putting on the motor mount. This is mostly because there is a lack of instruction. The good thing is most people eventually do get it figured out with minimal effort.
- This boat works well in a variety of situations, however, you should not use it in the ocean. It does not handle as well as you may hope, especially if there is a lot of wind or rough waters. This does not mean that it will not work in any salt water. You just may want to avoid the beaches.
When it comes to a dream boat for most fishermen, the Sea Eagle SE9 is definitely a strong contender. It is an inflatable boat that does not seem at all like an inflatable boat. The hard floor makes it easy to move around in and it allows you to hold a large amount of gear and a few people as well. What more could you ask for? READ MORE OWNER REVIEWS HERE⇒