When it comes to inflatable dinghies, most people are disappointed by the fact that they are soft bottomed and therefore impossible to move around in. The Newport Vessels inflatable dinghy promises to change that with its new design. The question is, does it live up to its promises? Read our Newport inflatable boat review below to find out.
Newport Vessels Inflatable Dinghy Features
- This boat measures 8ft by 10 inches when fully inflated. This does mean that it is spacious enough for you to ride comfortably and haul around all of your gear. It is a heavier inflatable boat than most weighing in at 101 pounds. If you take out the hard floor the boat is much lighter to carry around and may make it possible for you to carry it without help.
- It meets the USCG standards thanks to its triple layered 0.9mm/1.100 denier coated PVC. It also uses marine wood precision flooring that is aluminum framed. There is also an aluminum bench seat, two aluminum oars, a carrying and storage bag, a foot pump, a repair kit, drain plug, towing D-rings, two mounted carrying handles, and oar locks as well as oar holders. All of this for one price, makes it a great deal that you can trust in.
- This boat is able to hold up to 3 people comfortably and has a maximum load rating of 1,067 pounds. This is due in part to the three separate air chambers. It has a max power limit of 10hp, which means you can use it with a trolling motor, and a high pressure inflatable keel and V hull.
Newport Inflatable Boat Customer Reviews
- All of the reviews you read about this dinghy proves that it is a quality boat. The people who own it say that they love it. It meets or exceeds all of their expectations, even after years of use, they still have not had any major problems with it.
- The one person that did have issues with it states that customer service was excellent and his problem was dealt with by Newport Vessels to his total satisfaction.
- Some say that it is ideal for any type of water and all activities you can do while on the water.
Newport Vessels Inflatable Dinghy Cons
- One of the biggest issues with this boat is the weight of it. It is substantially heavier than other inflatable boats that are on the market. However, the weight is because of the solid bottom and for many, the fact that it is heavy because of a floor is only a minor setback.
- This boat is also more expensive than most other inflatable boats. The reason for this is the quality of the boat itself and for most of the people who have purchased it, it is an investment that is well worth it.
If you want a dinghy that is solid in every way, the Newport inflatable boat is the ideal boat for you. The solid floors make it easier to move around in and the maximum weight limit means that you can have anything on board that you want to be there. The idea of an inflatable boat is to buy them because they are cheap. As long as you can get beyond the price, you should be as satisfied with your purchase as every other buyer has been so far. READ MORE OWNER REVIEWS HERE⇒