Summer fun would not be anywhere near as much fun if it were not for Intex. It is a name that most people recognize for their swimming pools, but the truth is, they make all types of water fun products including inflatable boats. Therefore, when you decide it is time to find out what inflatable boats are all about, you should check out our Intex Mariner 4 review to find out if it lives up to the Intex name brand.
Intex Mariner 4 Inflatable Boat Features
- The Intex Mariner 4 is made of three layers of separate material. This means that it has extra strength and durability. The middle layer is designed to prevent small punctures from becoming larger holes so that when you climb on board, you feel safe all the way around.
- The keel is also fully inflatable. This is a feature that provides more control when you are handling the boat and maneuvering it around. It also means that no fishing hole is impossible to get to.
- The floor is rigid, which sets it apart from most other inflatable boats. It is made of a heavy duty extruded plastic and remains comfortable, even though it is firm.
- On board this boat you will find two fishing rod holders, grab handles on both ends, and welded on rotational oar locks. This ensures that everything you put on board can be secured in some way so that you do not have to worry about losing the important things.
- When you purchase this boat, you receive a set of French Oars and a high output pump. This is also unique among other inflatable boats and it ensures that you have everything you need when you purchase the kit.
- The Mariner 4 is a 4-person boat that has three rows of seating for everyone to rest on. There are also storage bags on board for you to keep personal belongings in while you are on your adventures.
- It has a maximum weight capacity of 880 pounds and it measures 57 x 19 x 129 inches. When deflated it weighs 84 pounds, which does mean it is a little heavy for some.
- This boat does come with a hull identification number on its bow. This is great news for anyone who needs to register it. You simply have to visit the Intex website to get a certificate of origin if your state requires you to register the inflatable boat.
Intex Mariner 4 Customer Reviews
- When it comes to durability the Intex Mariner 4 gets high ratings from those who own it. They say that the sides and bottom is tough enough to rarely be damaged, whether they are sliding over rocks or bumping into concrete. People also trust it enough to put dogs on board without worrying about the dog’s paws causing damage.
- They love it because it is stable, even when they take it out into the waves. They enjoy combining it with a sailing kit to use the wind rather than paddles or a motor.
- Most people state that it has plenty of room for three people on board with all fishing gear, life vests, and more. With four people on board, things are a little tighter, but according to most it is still doable.
Intex Mariner 4 Cons
- This boat does not come with a motor, but you can put one on it if you want to. However, to do so, you will need to purchase the Intex motor mount kit. It is a relatively cheap investment, but worth it if you want to ditch the paddles.
- There are complaints about leaks that happen within the boat, some are defects from the manufacturer. There are some who attempted to take it white watering and that is not what this boat is designed to do.
As with all things, no one product will ever satisfy all people. However, when you look at the Intex mariner 4 reviews, you will quickly discover that most customers rate it pretty well. It has everything a person could want in a boat and it is strong enough to handle most things that may come up while you are out on the water. It is slightly more expensive than other inflatable boats, but when you consider all the positives, it is well worth paying extra for the Intex Mariner 4 inflatable boat. READ MORE OWNER REVIEWS HERE⇒