The Intex Excursion 5 inflatable boat comes with everything you need such as, aluminum oars and a high output air pump. It is cost effective, durable, stable, and fun to use, according to many. To find out if it measures up and if you can really enjoy time on the water with four of your friends, you need to read our Intex Excursion 5 review.
Intex Excursion 5 Inflatable Boat Features
- To provide you with comfort and to give the boat more stability on the water, the Intex Excursion 5 has three separate air chambers including the auxiliary chamber which is in the hull. This gives you extra buoyancy.
- It inflates and deflates quickly thanks to a Boston valve on two of the main hull chambers. This makes it easy to use by allowing you to inflate within minutes and deflate for easy transportation when you are finished for the day.
- In the rare event that your boat may flip over, there is a grab line that runs all around the boat. It also ensures that if you or a friend decides to go swimming off the boat, you have a way to get back on board and it also makes it easy to put the boat in and out of the water.
- The bottom of this inflatable boat is made with an inflatable I-Beam. By having this feature, you gain comfort from the fact that it is air filled and rigidity. This also makes the boat feel solid and stable.
- The Intex Excursion 5 inflatable boat is made of super tough vinyl. This means that you will not have to worry about punctures because you edged up a little too close to the shore. It is built solidly enough that it is US Coast Guard approved in every way.
- This inflatable boat comes with its own air pump and oars. There are two welded oar locks on board to keep the paddles in place. When not holding your oars, you can also use them as fishing rod holders. The air pump is small enough to fit inside the boat when you venture out. You simply have to pack it with your other gear.
- As for portability, this inflatable boat folds up small enough to be carried when it is deflated. It weighs only 58 pounds, which is easy enough for most people to carry. When inflated, the total dimensions of it are 144″ x 66″ x 17″.
Intex Excursion 5 Customer Reviews
- According to current owners, this boat is very durable. Most admit to taking it over a few rocks and having it come out with no punctures. Many have taken pets on board and never had any issues with even their large breed dogs causing a hole.
- Some owners say that it is best to keep the people on board down to only two or three people even though it is rated for five. The reason for this is because if the people on board are large or if you are also taking a lot of gear, you may be cramped with five people.
- Many current owners do recommend if you are considering this inflatable boat you consider adding a couple things to it. One recommendation is adding a trolling motor because of the boats larger size. They also recommend that you upgrade the hand pump to a pump that is a little easier to use because with the hand pump inflation does take a little time.
Intex Excursion 5 Cons
- Even though the seats are removable, the front seat, closest to the bow of the boat is turned backward, which some people do not enjoy. Most people would prefer that the seats be adjustable so that you could turn it so that it was facing forward.
- There is no exact weight limit set for this boat, but in general, most people agree that 850 to a 1000 pounds should be able to ride at one time. However, the more weight you add, the more likely it will be to become lower in the water and harder to paddle.
- Floor has ridges so it is difficult to walk around on when you are in the water. It is best if all passengers stay seated. This is sometimes hard to do if you have children on board.
- Registration can be a little tricky. It is large enough to require you to register it in some areas, but you have to contact Intex, as well as your state, for instructions on how to register it.
Our Intex Excursion 5 review points to this being a boat that is well worth considering if you want an affordable boat for yourself and a few friends. It is durable enough to do pretty much anything you could ever want to do out on the water, regardless of what body of water you hope to venture into. With it, you may not find your dream boat, but it should be close enough to it that you will not regret spending less money. READ MORE OWNER REVIEWS HERE⇒