Many people enjoy kayaking with a friend or a partner. Some enjoy taking their kids along for a ride. Most kayaks do not give you enough room to hold several people. The Coleman Big Basin 3 Person kayak aims to change the way that people go kayaking in groups. Have they succeeded? Take a look and find out for yourself.
Coleman Big Basin 3 Person Kayak Features
- Extra Large: The Coleman Big Basin 3 person inflatable kayak provides comfort for all the people on board. It can hold up to a total of 490 pounds, which means it is great for three average sized adults to enjoy. The reason it is possible to hold everyone is because of its massive 12ft 3in x 3ft 1in size. The good news is despite its size it only weighs 35 pounds.
- Durable: The Big Basin three person kayak has PVC sides and a Tarpaulin bottom for extreme durability. This means you and those riding with you can edge in close to the shore and travel through shallow water without worry about possible punctures.
- Leak Free: The Coleman Big Basin 3 person kayak has multiple air chambers so even if you happen to puncture the bottom of your kayak, you can still get your group safely to shore. The Airtight System Coleman uses works well even on white waters. You can even stay dry thanks to the spray covers.
- Easy to Use: Inflation and deflation are easy with this three person inflatable kayak because of the fact that it has double threaded Boston Valves on it. You also get a pressure gauge to ensure your kayak has optimal air pressure in it at all times and an easy to handle backpack for storing your deflated kayak.
- Comfortable: The Coleman Big Basin 3 person kayak has adjustable seats to ensure everyone on-board is comfortable. This also means that you can ride it easily, whether you are a single person testing the water or you are carrying a full load.
- Warranty: Many inflatable kayaks are not covered by a warranty. The Coleman Big Basin 3 person kayak changes that with a 1 year limited warranty to give you peace of mind when you purchase it.
Coleman Big Basin 3 Person Kayak Customer Reviews
The Coleman Big Basin 3 person kayak has excellent reviews from many of its owners. The following is an overview of what customers like about this inflatable kayak:
- Tracking: In general, most people say that the Big Basin 3 tracks better than many other kayaks, both inflatable and standard hard-shelled kayaks. This is great news if you hope to spend a day out on a larger body of water and need to stay on course.
- Stability: There are many owners who feel that the Big Basin 3 is one of the most stable kayaks they have been on. They say that when you are in the water, even with 3 people on board, it does not feel as though it is going to tip over easily.
- Comfortable: Because the seats on the Coleman Big Basin kayak are adjustable and removable, people feel that it is extremely comfortable. The feel that it is great to have the option to remove seats that are not in use to gain more room if necessary. However, they also feel that when all three seats are in the kayak, there is still room for everyone to be comfortable thanks to the adjustability of them.
Coleman Big Basin 3 Person Kayak Cons
- No Pump or Paddles Included: When you purchase this inflatable kayak, you do not get a pump or paddle to help you get out into the water. These items must be purchased separately and many people feel it should be included.
- Not Great on Ocean: The Coleman Big Basin 3 person kayak is a heavy duty kayak that is more suitable for rivers and lakes. Most owners say that it is great, but not when it comes to handling waves on the beach, especially not if they are large waves.
- Difficult to Dry: Even those who love this inflatable kayak state that it can be difficult to dry out after use. Some say the self-draining option does not always help.
As one of the largest inflatable kayaks available and the simple fact that three adults can ride comfortably in it, the Coleman Big Basin 3 person kayak is definitely a viable option for families who do not want to be separated by a kayak. Even though it has many good qualities, it may not be right for everyone. It all depends on how you plan to use it. We would recommend this kayak for anyone who wants or plans to kayak with two other people frequently. READ MORE OWNER REVIEWS HERE⇒